Vasan has gained over 20 years experience in all areas of accounting and finance. Starting off his professional career as a Junior Officer with Price Waterhouse & Co., Vasan set up his own practice in India. He came to Kuwait in 1986 and has worked in Kuwait ever since except for a brief interlude in 1998, when he went to London to obtain his Masters in Accounting and Finance. An avid reader, his hobbies include photography, writing and web designing. Vasan has served in various capacities in many voluntary, non-profit organizations.
- Developed accounting systems for various companies
- Implemented total computerization including payroll, accounts, stores and fixed assets
- Designed new reports to improve financial reporting
- Participated in the development/review of current/new/updated finance related processes
- Implemented new procedures, coaching new users and ensuring smooth implementation
- Audited and finalized accounts for various organizations across a wide range of industries
- Developed financial projections and conducted special studies for upcoming projects
• Consulted and advised various companies on the financial viability of new projects
- Has held senior line positions in Finance in various companies where career development progressed from preparation of tenders, development of financial projections, computerization of accounts to management reporting.
Vasan has been involved in the review of the CISA Review Manual and the CISA Review Questions, Answers and Explanations Manual 2002 and 2003 published by Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA), Illinois, USA. Vasan has been appointed to serve as a member of the Education Board for the 2002-2003 administrative year. The Education Board provides input on tactical matters relating to education activities, ensures identification of current and future education needs of the IS audit and control profession. The Board also oversees learning strategies, Professional Seminar Series training for chapters and enterprises and ongoing provision of complimentary CE to chapters. Vasan has completed an Internal Quality Auditing course for ISO 9000 and trained in the development of competence-based systems for recruitment.
- Fellow Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, London
- MSc Accounting and Finance, South Bank University, London, U.K
- MCom Accounting and Finance, Madurai Kamaraj University, Tamilnadu, India
- BCom Accounting and Finance, Madras University, Tamilnadu, India
We at TIL assure you that all your data and associated information will remain confidential, adhering to the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.