Virgil Hundtofte has consulted for international organizations and governments on development planning contracts in Middle East, Far East, Africa and Europe. Over the past 25 years Virgil has been involved in the development of competence based systems that have been applied across a wide professional spectrum and in a variety of cultures and countries including China, Hong Kong, Australia, Middle East, Europe, Nigeria and Vietnam. The areas of development planning where he has had extensive involvement include recruitment, on-boarding of new graduates, career development, job promotion, succession planning and organisational analysis.
- Managed implementation of competence based schemes for major organisations world wide
- Developed competence based professional ladders for the purposes of promotion and job grading for professional technical staff
- Developed and created a proprietary HR application which is an employee development planning tool used for data analysis and reporting purposes
- Consulted and advised multi national organisations on the broad aspects of HR competence standards and the application of competence management from employee recruitment to an employee’s retirement
- Investigated and advised organisations in the aftermath of industrial accidents where major loss of life occurred
- Has held executive line management positions in manufacturing companies where career development progressed from engineering design, construction and commissioning roles to progressive supervisory and management responsibilities in a petrochemical operations environment
Mr. Hundtofte has written articles and made numerous presentations in the area of HR competence management. During the early part of his career he developed a number of unique technical applications resulting in being awarded several US Patents. He has held a variety of directorships in the areas of education, manufacturing and banking.
- BS Chemical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- BA Chemistry, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington
- • Certificate Programme, Executive Development, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
We at TIL assure you that all your data and associated information will remain confidential, adhering to the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.